Originally, the site belonged to Echo Bay Technology Group, Omidyar's consulting firm. Omidyar had tried to register the domain name echobay.com, but found it already taken by the Echo Bay Mines, a gold mining company, so he shortened it to his second choice, eBay.com.
eBay for Charity
Our marketplace is home to one of the most powerful giving platforms in commerce today. Every day, our community turns to eBay for Charity to support their favorite causes through buying or selling on our platform. A single purchase on eBay for Charity can have a positive ripple effect on charities, their beneficiaries and their local communities.
An eBay listing that stands out, engages customers, and converts sales is important, but templates are merely your starting point. To really increase eBay sales, your listing needs a killer description, and we've gathered 3 examples of winning eBay description templates to show you exactly how it's done.
The importance of an eBay description template
Your eBay description is where you provide shoppers with more information about a listing they've clicked on, but it has far more potential than simply detailing a product's top features.
Your description is an unmissable opportunity to:
1) Increase sales
eBay is a competitive platform, meaning that you must make an effort to make your products irresistible. The product description is your sales pitch for your product, any complementary products, and your brand - an opportunity to market all three.
2) Enhance SEO
The words and images you use in your description also go one step further in making your listings stand out, by increasing your SEO efforts and enhancing your position in eBay's search results.
3) Increase customer feedback
While a picture can tell a thousand words, it can also create unrealistic expectations that result in a 'product not as described' negative rating. The description enables you to provide detailed product information to ensure that shoppers receive the item they expect.
4) Assist with disputes or claims
In the case of an unhappy customer, your description can also assist with any disputes or claims, by evidencing the information presented to the customer at the time.
5) Enhance the customer journey
Finally, a winning eBay description enhances the customer experience by creating a professional look, providing easy access to policies, and making the journey to the 'buy' button as seamless as possible.
An eBay description template encapsulates all of these positives, helping you to create consistent eBay descriptions that sell more products time and time again.
The components of a winning eBay description template
So what does a winning eBay description template look like? Before we jump into three real-life examples of successful descriptions, let's consider the essential components first.
Your right to change your mind within 14 days
Buy from a business seller using an auction or the buy-it-now button, and Consumer Contracts Regulations also apply.
Under the regulations, buyers who want to return something they've bought online - even if they've just changed their mind - have 14 working days after the date of delivery to notify the seller. You'll be able to get a refund for the item plus the cost of the least expensive delivery option. If you chose a more expensive delivery, you'll have to cover the difference.
After cancelling your order you'll then have 14 days to send the item back, and may have to pay to do so. Read eBay's returns guide for more help.
If you're bidding on a rare Beatles album you've always wanted, or have finally tracked down that limited edition film poster you've been struggling to find, you can keep track of your auctions when you're out and about.
Instead of being chained to your computer to check how your auction bid is getting on, eBay's mobile app lets you keep tabs on items you're interested in, alerts you when auctions are about to close and allows you to place bids.
The app even has a barcode scanner to let you check the price of new purchases in store against its listings.
How to search for a seller on eBay
1. Click on the "Advanced Search" link to the right of the search bar on the eBay homepage. This will bring you to the advanced search screen.
2. Hit the "By Seller" link on the left side of the page.
3. Check the box that says "Only show items from" and then select the "Specific Sellers" bullet point.
4. Enter the seller's ID in the text box, and hit "Search."
5. If you don't know a seller's ID, you can find it by selecting an item that you know the seller has in his or her store. The seller's name will be on the right side of the page under "Seller Information." Select the name to be taken to a page that will display all the items that the seller has available for purchase.
Leaving feedback on eBay counts toward buyer and seller ratings.
Buyers rate sellers on service, pricing, customer service, product description accuracy, and product quality. Sellers rate buyers on payment speed and overall transaction satisfaction. Accurate feedback allows users to decide which accounts they want to do business with.
The eBay feedback feature allows users to leave feedback for multiple items at once or choose individual items one at a time. Some feedback ratings can be edited after submitting.
Here's how to leave feedback for buyers and sellers on eBay:
How to leave feedback on eBay for buyers
1. You can get to the buyer feedback from from My eBay or from the Sellers Hub. Navigate to one of these sections to begin.
2. Choose an item from recent orders and click "Leave Feedback."
3. Select the appropriate rating and add comments about your transaction. Click "Leave Feedback" to save and submit your feedback. Feedback left for buyers cannot be changed once submitted.
How to leave feedback on eBay for sellers
1. Go to "Purchase history."
2. Click the "Leave Feedback" button next to the item you would like to rate the service you received.
3. Add your rating for the categories displayed and any comments you might have for the seller. Click "Leave Feedback" at the bottom of the form to save. Feedback can be changed or updated later if needed, though you'll need to contact the seller.
What is a Ebay discount coupon?
At 1001couponcodes.ca we believe that getting a discount is much more fun! So we offer the best discount coupons Ebay for free. Together we also provide special offers, links, exclusives and many promotions totally at no cost to you.
On our coupon site you can find Ebay special offers and deals Ebay, plus thousands of offers from the largest and best online stores in Canada and the world, we filter only the most trusted stores with good customer service. We also check out store specials and make them available to our most special readers. You can make your purchase at Ebay and get a discount using the Ebay discount coupons that we update daily.
We usually highlight coupons that are valid for the entire store, in percentage and then fixed value.
Our goal at 1001couponcodes.ca is to follow the whole internet and publish on this portal all the savings opportunities when it comes to buying, either in the form of discount coupons or event offers. For example, check out our Natural Retreats Coupon Codes or Rosewe Coupon Codes, they have daily new offers and coupon codes. Through discount coupons, our readers get exclusive discounts on their purchases at Ebay and thousands of other establishments. Our site is free, here nobody pays anything to use a discount coupon!
The Ebay discount coupon (also known as a voucher, gift certificate, discount voucher, promotional coupon, discount code, or promo code) are codes used by online stores to convince undecided customers to complete their purchase. If you enjoyed the discount offered by our coupons, we recommend that you checkout immediately as they have very limited validity.
How to use this discount coupon Ebay?
The Ebay coupon can appear in two ways, a code to enter in the shopping cart during checkout, or a specific link that applies an automatic promotion or redirects to a special offers page. Here's a walkthrough to understand how to use the discount coupon Ebay:
- click on "get coupon";
- copy (ctrl c) the coupon code and click "go to store";
- Some coupons are available in link format, so be smart, because when you enter the store you should realize the discount applied to the products;
- navigate to Ebay and choose the product you want. put it in the shopping cart, paste the coupon (ctrl v) into the field called "discount coupon" or "gift card";
- see if the discount was applied correctly. the best coupons expire soon, so we recommend finalizing your purchase.
- If you enjoyedTell everyone how you got a discount on Ebay!
What is a Ebay coupon code?
A coupon code from Ebay is a alphanumeric code that you use to get the discount on your order. These Coupon Codes are also called coupon code, promotional code, discount code, promo code or voucher. Webshops from around the world use these types of codes to give discount to their customers on certain products or orders.
Our top 5 stores in US Stores:
How can I use a Ebay coupon code?
An action code or promotional code from Ebay Can be used in two ways. The first way is by simply clicking on "SHOW CODE", copy the code and paste it into the shopping cart of the webshop. The other way is by clicking on 'VIEW OFFER', you will then be redirected directly to the webshop and the discount will be applied automatically.
How do you find a couponcode at 1001couponcodes.ca? First of all, look for the desired store in the search bar at the top of this page. Are you looking for a particular product or brand? Then you can type it in the search bar. You can also find your desired webshop in our "SHOPS A-Z" or "CATEGORY" overviews. If you've come to our webshop page, choose a coupon code or offer you'd like to use.
- Copy the couponcode from Ebay by clicking at "SHOW CODE" or "VIEW OFFER"
- Does a coupon code appear? Then you can copy the code by clicking at the button "COPY"
- Does the modal not show a coupon code? Then you can click directly in the big blue button "VISIT Ebay
- On the Ebay website select one or more products and place it into the shopping basket. When you are finished, then have a close look at the basket. Just before the actual checkout, there is somewhere the option to enter an action code, promo code, voucher or coupon code. You paste (CTRL V) here the previously copied code and the discount is applied immediately.
- Please check if the discount has been applied correctly, as it may occur once you're just late and the coupon code has expired. It may also be that the coupon code is only valid for a particular product. In that case, you can just get a new coupon code from our website. It is therefore important that you read the terms of the coupon code.
- Successfully? Then share our Coupon Codes, promotional codes, promotional codes and offers with your friends and family, so they can also make use of additional discounts.
What are the current promo codes or offers available for Ebay in December 2023?
Currently, 6 promo codes and 34 deals available for Ebay:
Save $5 Sitewide on next purchase using eBay new user coupon Take 20% off using this eBay coupon
Your $5 Coupon Is Here
Cyber Savings - Score an extra 15% Discount select TVs with this eBay coupon code
How much can I save at Ebay?
In the last 30 days, 5 members have saved on average $234 OFF at Ebay.
How do I use Ebay coupons?
To use a Ebay coupon, copy the related promo code to your clipboard and apply it while checking out. Some Ebay coupons only apply to specific products, so make sure all the items in your cart qualify before submitting your order. If there's a brick-and-mortar store in your area, you may be able to use a printable coupon there as well.
How many Ebay online coupons are available?
There are currently 100+ Ebay online coupons reported by Ebay. These deal offers are available online, including 6 coupon codes. Today alone, users have collectively cashed in on 34 offers.
How to save money at Ebay?
You can save money at Ebay by using one of the current Ebay coupons from 1001couponcodes.ca. Right now, the most you can save is $234 off.
How long do Ebay coupons last?
The Ebay promo codes that are currently available end when Ebay sets the coupon expiration date. However, some Ebay deals don't have a definite end date, so it's possible the promo code will be active until Ebay runs out of inventory for the promotional item.
The entire content of this site is copyrighted (all rights reserved © 2023).